Bodyweight and Calisthenics
Use your own bodyweight to get stronger and become more mobile
We use bodyweight and calisthenics training in combination with our other training methods.
Bodyweight training benefits include:
- Safety - self-limited by your body weight
- A fun and playful change with little to no equipment required
- Useful in both indoor and outdoor environments
- Complements the kettlebell and barbell lifting with torso/abdominal strength
- Helps increase mobility, stability and flexibility
- Accessible to all fitness levels
Some types of bodyweight training, based on Dragon Door's Progressive Calisthenics (PCC), include various regressions and progressions of pushups, pullups, squats, bridges and inversions (hand and headstands) and the mobility movements and stretches needed to keep progressing your skills.